Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Taking the Leap...

Welcome to my blog. My name is Michelle, I live in the Great North West with my amazingly supportive husband and our two crazy dogs.
* I am pleased to introduce, Ms. Marley and Bob, our furry children...

By day I am a purchasing agent for a natural food company and by night (and on the weekends) I am part creator of treasures, part crazy dog wrangler and all loving wife. The art of handmade and the rawness of creating something with minimal tools hold special places in my heart. I have always loved working with my hands and creating unique treasures for me and friends and it is because of the support and encouragement from those friends that I find myself here.
It almost goes without saying that my creative process is fluid and ever changing. I love learning new skills and find that when I am researching how to do a specific technique I will often get side tracked, allowing one thing to lead me to another. My tastes vary with my mood and I feel that is reflected in the items I create. One day I am hammering, twisting and experimenting with metal and the next day I am cutting bits of fabric to make flowers. I have worked with wire, creating hanging lanterns from recycled bottles and jars, turned old jeans into blankets and ottomans, fashioned sheets of felt into dahlia flowers and pressed raw felt into sugar skulls. As my tastes and talents have grown so too has my admiration for all things lovely and unique. It is my hope that by sharing what I have created will help make the surrounding world a little lovelier
I have been an avid fan of Etsy for awhile now and after reading so many encouraging stories in the “quit your day job” section I finally decided to get my butt in gear and proceed with my dream of living the life of a creator and artist. I cannot express enough how motivated I feel after I read the success stories written by the many talented souls who have taken the time to share them. It is with fingers crossed and heart wide open that I take this leap.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment