Friday, August 19, 2011

A Pirates Life for Me…

So hubby’s birthday was last week and the theme for his party was PIRATES… Now before you go and get all, “OMG, how old is your husband? Why would you have a pirate party for him?” on me, let me tell you that it was great fun. With the help of my trusty friend Wabbit, we turned our back deck into a pirate ship/shanty town, complete with a scary skeleton pirate, cannon, treasure chest and piñata filled with booty and tiny rum bottles. Seriously who wouldn’t love a party like that? Here are some of the pictures taken by the lovely and talented Wabbit.


So in keeping with the pirate theme I am taking my dear sweet man and our two crazy pups to the beach for the weekend. Ok so maybe it is a bit of a stretch to say I am keeping the theme going but I have heard that pirates use to frequent the Oregon coast.
We will be staying at the Ester Lee in Lincoln City, OR. It is a great little place with amazing views of the ocean. I am very excited to not only have a long weekend away with my man but I plan to get up early for some beach combing. Maybe this will be the weekend I find my very own mermaids purse or even better, some buried treasure. Wish me luck!!!
I hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment