Monday, October 17, 2011

FEAR OF FAILURE BE DAMNED!!!

After a little hiatus from my creative side, I would like to welcome myself back to my blog. Hello little blog. Did you miss me? I missed you. I have so much to tell you, some things super fun and other things are more like self realizations. So let’s start with the fun stuff.
Hubby and I spent a week in a little beach house on Oahu. We swam with turtles, watched the sunrise, hiked, and simply relaxed. It was delightful and I came back refreshed and recharged.





While there I decided that I needed a ukulele. Told hubby that by the end of the year I want to be able to play at least three cords. So far I have figured out how to strum (baby steps). My rhythm is a bit off but it’s definitely better than the first day I played with it.
I also found this amazing hand carved octopus.
Now that I am back from vacation and fully caught up at the office I feeling my creative juices flowing. Over the weekend I made seven felt dahlia for a co-worker (she is giving them as Christmas gifts). She had originally ordered five of them and after I made them I wasn’t 100% happy with the color combination on two, so I made two more. I figured I would let her choose the ones she liked the best. Well, I brought them to work for her today and she ended up buying ALL of themJ. AWESOME!!!
OK, so now to the self realization part. I have realized (maybe better to say re-realized) that I have a huge fear of failure, and more often than not, that fear keeps me from excelling and reaching my goals. With that said, the second thing I will do tonight after I get home (first thing is to kiss my wonderful hubby) is post a few items on Etsy. Honestly I have no good reason why I haven’t posted them already. I mean seriously the items were completed last month and I wrote all of the descriptions already. The only thing I have to say for this is what I have already stated; FEAR OF FAILURE. Oh well, they say the first step is admitting you have a problem right?!
Ta-ta for now.
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment