Thursday, December 13, 2012

Well lovelies it has finally happened…

I had heard it rumored that 12/12/12 was some kind of a magical date. I know that a lot of couples tied the knot yesterday and some lucky little boy turned 12 and Yahoo gave him a party with doughnuts in the shape of the number 12. I mean seriously that alone is magical. But for me it just seemed like a normal day.

I got up supper early (4am), primped and dressed for work, made my coffee, drove the 30+ miles to my office and proceeded to perform my day job to the best of my ability (OK maybe that last part is a bit of a stretch ‘cuz yesterday was a little slow and I did drop in on the nail solon around lunch time for a quick polish change and maybe I spent a little too much time perusing Pintrest. But with regard to that last part I really couldn’t help myself because I think my addiction to Pintrest could be classified as clinical and I have yet to find a cure. OK maybe I haven’t even looked for one because I LOVE that site SOOOOO much it is ridiculous) and went home to start packing for our trip to see the family this weekend.
*Speaking of this upcoming trip, I hope to have lots of great stories or at least photos to share with you and even more that I wouldn’t dare share J
Any who, back to the magic of 12/12/12…
So as I often do at the end of the day and before I go bedie bye, I logged on to my e-mail (I do this mostly because I cannot stand that little number that shows up on my iphone telling me how many unread e-mail I have and I like all of my e-mails to be either filed in their appropriate folder or deleted – I know this may be a bit obsessive but what are ya gon-a do?) It was while I was reading, deleting and filing that I spotted it… An e-mail from ETSY. Not so out of the ordinary because I get a few from them every day but this one was different. This e-mail was the official notification from ETSY stating “CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST SALE”! I opened it and sat there for a moment speechless. Don’t get me wrong I have sold many items in the past but until this I had not had much luck with ETSY (possibly because I took the past year completely off – just a thought). So yes 12/12/12 was magical for me and the lucky Siren who will soon receive a beutiful pair of my hand made earrings. Oh happy day!
So before I go I would like to take a moment to say thank you T.T. Bronx, you are awesome! I hope you love your new earrings.
Hematite and Rutilated Quartz
Ta-ta,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment